Can anyone really be this stupid?!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nuggetsowner:), May 14, 2008.

1. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    OK, as a few of you know I live on about an acre of land in the middle of a small subdivision right outside our city limits. We have had our chickens for about 15 months now.

Today I was outside talking to the newest batch of chickens in our SECOND chicken coop. The neighbor walks over and says.... What you got there? I said the obvious...Chickens. He proceeded to make small talk.. Oh, thats cool. What are you going to do with them? I was like...Well, these will grow to be laying hens. He says... So, they will lay eggs you can eat? I say..Yes. Then my other chickens in the first coop start squaking cause they were just finishing the treats I had given them. He says...What ya got over there? I was like...Chickens. He says...really, what ya gonna do with them??

Ok, I have brought this family eggs on many occasions. His kids have been inside my coops. If he is standing on his deck he can clearly see everything in my back yard. We had a rooster for a long time. Is this guy really stupid or what?? How can someone be so unobservant?? I probably did not spell that right.

I am sorry for the little rant but golly molly, DUH!!

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    That'd be one of those "here's your sign" moments... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Yes, some people are not very observant, LOL

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sounds like his elevator wasn't reaching the top floor that day.

5. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    People..... [​IMG]

6. redhead83402

redhead83402 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    ROFFFLLL ~ yah win some, yah lose some ~ some folks have lost more than others... marbles, that is... ~
    {;>)=
    ~Red
    (you are probably more Christian than me, I would've given him an answer to think about......" oh you know... we have chicken rituals here... sacrifice them for the good of the clan, you know... they have to offer up this little white piece of their life every day, otherwise, we just sacrifice them. That's right... we EAT them....)
    {;>)=

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My smart alec repsonse would've been to ask to share whatever he'd been drinkin lately....

8. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    I like to nickname my neighbors. If he were my neighbor, I would call him Einstein![​IMG]

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Maybe he was looking to strike up a conversation and nothing more?

10. tmk

tmk Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe he just wanted to chat! lol
    I like people in general and like to socialize too, but not very good at those small talks that mean nothing... [​IMG]
    What you said is something I would do and kick myself afterwards saying 'how stupid am I???' [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by