1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone recommend the best bird netting?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by redhotchick, Jun 4, 2011.

1. redhotchick

redhotchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Well I am mad at myself.I lost 2 babys to a chicken hawk! That is not gonna happen again.I am gonna cover my run in netting.Do anyone know which brand & retailer sells the best quailty? I want a heavier & thicker net.I am in TEXAS so no problem with snow.I just dont want to replace it too often.I am gonna hang it from trees,I have a ton of em.Anyway,THANX for any advise.

2. MaryL

MaryL Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    I am in College Station, glad to meet another Texan! I bought DuPont Bird Netting at Lowes for $5.18 per pkg. It is 14'x14' that covered my 10'x10' pvc pen. It is strong, withstands the wind well and attached with zip ties. They use this at the shopping center near where I live to keep the black birds (Grackles) out of the trees. I do see hawks sitting on wires nearby but so far, no problems with them.[​IMG] I have two Light Brahma pullets, three Cochins and 9 Black Copper Marans chicks.

3. redhotchick

redhotchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Fort Worth
    OK!! THANX I didnt know I could go buy it local.

4. TommyM

TommyM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
  5. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    I purchased and use Bird-X Netting. Not cheap but good. Also try Ebay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by