Can anyone tell if this is a cockral?

Without a doubt a boy. With a comb that big and red this early could be a leghorn. He is rather lanky looking. But he could also be a white rock or white orp (doubtful). Looks to be about 6 weeks old - give or take.
Cute :)

Hey I just noticed you're from my neck of the woods! Hi!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hey I just noticed you're from my neck of the woods! Hi!
frow.gif
Hi neighbor! I did think it was a boy and a white leghorn. I just got 38 white leghorn girls and then I went to a hardware store in Dowling Park and saw this guy. He was the biggest one in there. He was in with some little turkeys and quail. And I thougth well I already have the girls. lol He is the friendliest little guy. He wants to follow me all around the yard.

Just be careful with him and don't baby him too much. White leghorn roo's tend to get an attitude when they get bigger and get very dominant. You need to make sure that you don't let him think he's boss or you may end up with a problem.
Congrats on your hens, you will get some very nice eggs from them :)

Just be careful with him and don't baby him too much. White leghorn roo's tend to get an attitude when they get bigger and get very dominant. You need to make sure that you don't let him think he's boss or you may end up with a problem.
Congrats on your hens, you will get some very nice eggs from them :)
oh ok. I sure don't want a problem rooster. I do know how
barnie.gif
that can be.

Back
Top Bottom