can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

Pics
Here is another picture of banshee our polish. Male or female?

Hi there @melaniemoon

At 8 weeks a little early to tell yet on frizzles. Do they have any wattles yet? I've got a couple of blue frizzles at 12 weeks and I'm still not sure.

I do have to say though nothing boy like jumps out at me with your frizzles.

Hello there, what is a whattle? He that sounds funny. I am hoping that they are female. I bought 7 baby's at 1 week old. 3 pekins, 1 silkie, 1 Malaysian and the 2 polish. Out of the 5 others only 1 is a hen. Eeek!! I live in the city too. X

I am just imagining waking one morning to a crazy chorus 6 cockrals strong. The lady we got them from said I could take any back to her if I had 2 many boys but I am quite attached already- soft twerp :)

I'm pretty sure the one in the fore ground is a cockerel since I've heard him crow. I think the other one is a pullet. They are about 6-months old. Can anyone id the silver bantam next to the pullet? Is it old english duckwing?

Hello everybody I have got some new chicks and im worried the polish is a rooster. It is only about 2weeks old but I've noticed that the tail feathers are are very long and rounded. It also shakes its head and yawns a lot is this a problem.

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping maybe you guys could help me figure out roo or hen on two of our new 9 week old Polish chicks. I looked through this thread and I see how each photo is a hen or roo as explained, but for some reason it is really hard to be objective on your own birds. The tolbunt is Beaker and the speckled is DingBat. Thanks in advance!
Hens

Back
Top Bottom