can chicken be midgets??

chickenbuttsowhat

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Danville, Arkansas
ok i know sounds weird but i got some sizzle chicks 2 months ago from a near by breeder well past few weeks theres this one pullet who well..... is 2 times smaller then its sisters and brother i mean she still looks like a chick but with all her grown up feathers like the others and shes got her lil blue ear lops like the others shes same age and everything so i was wondering if chickens could have dwarfism i'll try get a pic of her soon

heres a pic of her and her sister who was hatch same day as her
93963_415_0594.jpg

also a close up pic of her neck so u can see she has all her big feathers
93963_415_0600.jpg

I had a tiny Polish bantam hen, that was super small. I mean, when the other were full grown, she was the size of a robin. Sadly, she was taken by a predator. I think a neighbor's cat, when I turned my back for just a short time......Oh how I loved her. She loved to be cuddled and hand fed.

aww im sorry to hear i told my bf that i might have to put her in the baby brooder during the winter cuz i dont want her to freeze to death shes just so tiny and cuz i was thinking about naming Lil Bit or something like that do u think she would be able to lay normal eggs or at all?

Quote:
I think that's a good idea. That way you know she'll be safe and warm since she's tiny. As far as her laying eggs, you never know. My friend has an extra small silkie that lays eggs, but has never gone broody. My little Polish gal was taken before she was old enough to lay.

I would love to see a pic!

Back
Top Bottom