can chickens eat broccoli

Yep. I did not manage to grow broccoli this year due to some very persistent chickens that were determined to get to my broccoli plants despite them being netted. They enjoy all of the brassica crops, really.
If you are giving it to chicks, be sure to provide grit as well.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Chickens love all kinds of greens, including broccoli. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi, welcome to BYC!

Chickens not only eat broccoli, they will devour an entire bed of kale if given half a chance (don't ask how I know this). Our girls enjoy the garden produce as much as we do (except for egg plant, which I don't enjoy much either).

The treat chart Kelsi2290 refers to is an excellent resource to check before giving your chickens things other than their feed.

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to Backyard chickens - they seem to have varied tastes from vegetables to cleaning -off turkey carcasses (after holidays.)

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :) Yes, they can eat broccoli -- but whether they like it is a different question
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom