Can Chickens Eat Grapes?

Is there stuff to back that up? My concern is that grapes and raisins are poisonous to dogs - how can I be sure that I won't make the chicks sick? we're new to Chickens, and are arguing about whether or not it's safe.

Is there stuff to back that up? My concern is that grapes and raisins are poisonous to dogs - how can I be sure that I won't make the chicks sick? we're new to Chickens, and are arguing about whether or not it's safe.

Well I've given my girls grapes all the time. They love them and aren't dead yet.

Okay - thank you all for the comments. good to know! we've got some grapes, and will treat our chicks with them tonight!

I have had chickens since childhood and they love grapes. I do slice them in half, but my father would just toss them in with the rest of the slops. We never lost a chicken to a grape. A fox yes, but not a grape.

Grapes are my girls favorite treat. I cut each grape into 8 pieces to avoid chocking,and feed around 4pm once i know they have had plenty of pellets.
Also love fresh figs,melon,apple and broccoli stems.

My girls love 'em, we usually don't eat ALL the grapes in the package, so when i take the remaining down to them the are always waiting at the fence. Their faces look like
ep.gif

If grapes are safe (and it appears they are -- not for dogs, though -- in dogs, grapes & raisins can cause liver damage) -- you can freeze them & that may reduce the choking hazard...they'll peck at them for a while first.

I had some wilted grapes that I decided to give my girls yesterday. Oh my gosh- chaos! It was by far their favorite treat to date. Today we got our very first egg as a thank you. Yippee!

yes my girls love grapes. in fact i give them to my hens as a treat when they are broody.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom