can chickens eat pumpkins?

Funny I've had some pumpkins that deteriorated already on their won and the chickens don't want anything to do with them! I guess they are spoiled form eating sweet watermelon. Interesting info about pumpkin's being a natural dewormer!
cool.png

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

That said, all 40+ of my birds love squash of all types. I've been giving them some every few days. They aren't to fond of dried pumpkin seeds unless I grind them up a bit. Fresh ones are gone quick.

it's a squash and they love squash! Sheesh, mine go bananas! (which they also LOVE!!!! lol) I just cut pieces enough so noo ne gets to fighting and they do the rest... I just love to watch them eat their treats - don't you?
You wouldn't happen to know why hens wouldn't want to eat pellets would you? I was feeding crumbles and the feed store accidently gave me a bg of pellets -- my friend uses them so I didn't think much of it and now I see pellets all over the place! It seems such a waist...
I left them for a day to see if they would eat it (it is A LOT of food!) and they just don't eat it.
Seems kinda weird to me. Have you ever experienced this or heard of it?
*I feed Nutrena brand and they have all been raised with it.

My 60 + chickens like everything! They love all kinds of fruits and vegetables. My neighbor gave me 4 big sunflower heads and they really went to town on them, nothing left.

Back
Top Bottom