Can chickens have egg nog?

Bribery is the best way to win them over.
lol.png

Chard. Chard is very popular with most chickens. In season they like blueberries and strawberries; ripe tomatoes work well, too, as do those enormous zucchini no one else wants.

Quote:
I haven't tried those yet. They didn't seem that interested in the salad I gave them....or the broccoli greens either. They really liked the leftover turkey last week. I think that so far, from what I have seen, the greens aren't up there at the top of their list. They stuck their noses up at the cabbage I gave them. They didn't care for the pumpkin either. I'll keep trying new things until I find something they like in the vegetable catagory. Grapes cut up didn't do well either. What's the matter with these guys? They only seem to like the stuff that is probably not so good for them. They loved the tuna noodle casserole last night.
lol.png

maybe being from an organic farm, they are lacking in protien? Someone here said that organicly raised chickens can be protien deficient due to high cost of organic protiens...maybe they don't need veggies at the moment?

Quote:
The man I got them from is a breeder....perhaps a backyard breeder. Not sure. His birds looked healthy and were running around all over the place. The only food they seemed to recognize right off the bat was the feed pellets and scratch. When I introduced them to veggies, they seemed to care less. When I gave them turkey, they gobbled it up and picked every piece out of the pan and left the bread and broccoli behind. I have mixed a ton of BOSS into the scratch because I know the seeds will help them stay warm for the winter. One of the birds needs to regrow some feathers. She looks like she was a rooster's favorite.
wink.png
I have had them a week now and the feathers are already growing back quickly.
woot.gif
Does BOSS have protien? I heard it was good for feathers.
Today I tried swiss chard and Shirley the NH Red ate some. The others stuck their noses up at it. Hmmmm.
hu.gif

By the way, their names are Laverne and Shirly and Roxanne.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom