can chickens live in your home premenantly

He is gorgeous :)

Thank you, but as far as serama go, he isn't. What makes him a good pet is his personality. In behavior he is more like a parrot than a chicken flying to the tub rim when I sit near and even flying to my lap at times where he bows his head to be scratched and rubbed. Only once has he gone to the floor (fell) and his crow is much less than other roosters which makes him ideal for those that want a "house" chicken.

i was thinking of getting one chicken and i wanted to know if i could keep it as a house pet. also what would be the sssential things i would need ?
I have a pet chicken a house chicken, she sleeps on my balcony now in summer in her box she loves.. but in winter she sleeps im a basket infront of my bed. She poops inside yes but she is only 1 and i saved her from a busy road. She only like all animals poops after eating so i feed and take outside to my garden to roam, she will wake up some days and go outside herself, i live in a complex and she is just fine and happy. I do hug and kiss her allot though and all my other pets have taken to her.. her name is Pipin.

Good luck

I have a pet chicken a house chicken, she sleeps on my balcony now in summer in her box she loves.. but in winter she sleeps im a basket infront of my bed. She poops inside yes but she is only 1 and i saved her from a busy road. She only like all animals poops after eating so i feed and take outside to my garden to roam, she will wake up some days and go outside herself, i live in a complex and she is just fine and happy. I do hug and kiss her allot though and all my other pets have taken to her.. her name is Pipin.

Good luck
Nice. Mine likes

Walmart is an incredibly low bar though. You can’t compare that with an isolated homegrown flock, or a single house chicken. Have you researched beyond crap quality mass produced factory meat?

Exactly. Good flock management and chicken keeping go a long way. A mass produced Cornish Cross from a low-end source like Walmart has little in common with a heritage breed (obtained from a clean or well inspected source) living as a well-kept house pet with veterinary care and relatively clean food and water.

Has anyone considered the fact that chickens can have mites and bring them into your house? They can also carry disease like salmonella?

has anyone considered the fact that cats and dogs can have fleas and can bring them into the house? Have they considered the fact that cats and dogs can carry worms and all kinds of other diseases and parasites? Yet I bet all of you have cats and dogs, right? And in your house, right? And I bet 50-100 years ago when most cats and dogs lived in barns or doghouses, people said all this same stuff. I know of people still who think pets should only be outdoors, and my opinion is those people should refrain from having pets.

Furthermore in some European countries, animals were usually kept in the bottom floor of the residence and humans lived in the upper floor.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom