Can chickens really explode?

finally someone with enough couth to use some over word than fart
big_smile.png

Shouldn't a chicken be able to vomit the stuff back up out of the crop if it needed to? I know a lot of other birds have that ability, and use it to feed their chicks and mates during nesting season. I had a parrot for a while who thought it was very humorous to throw up on me in front of guests...Yuck!

So I think it would just rid itself of the offending food before it exploded.

I know a chronically flatulent woman whose poor Rottweiler actually hanged itself to escape the torture.

Imagine the work involved for a partially asphyxiated dog attempting to tie a noose with one paw while the other is firmly pressed against its nose.

Oh, the humanity.

Noose-L.jpg

John

Last edited:
Well they don't have lips, so I doubt that noise coming from the brooder was a raspberry...

Whether an animal has the ability to rid themselves of gas or not, a small body might very well not be able to deal with something that produces gases very quickly (like feeding them a dry alkaseltzer and having it off-gas in their stomachs). The bird wouldn't explode like a firecracker, rather its digestive track would rupture, leaving it in extreme pain and eventually killing it. Stomach rupture in human beings has been recorded, you can bet it can happen in other animals.

Quote:
Oh sure Jean....blame it on the poor chicken.....

"blame it on the poor chicken...." HA HA HA HA HA .. (slapping knee.. cracking up).. " .. the poor chicken..." He he he.. (wiping tears of laughter from my eyes).. oh boy, big fun. xoxox

Maybe that is something for Mythbusters to figure that one out? Not to use real birds but a real image of one. I do not know where they can get the real digestive juices from a bird to do the alta selzer experiment.

I would love to know if it really does make seagulls in parking lots and other bird species to see if they do "explode".

Quote:
I think I can one up you! I heard the elephant at the zoo fart.
sickbyc.gif

Yeah? Well, I picked up a worm after the rain to put it in the grass, and next thing I know, there's a small popping sound and there's a pile of worm poop on my hand.

Back
Top Bottom