Can ducks eat chick starter?

VeryHappyHens

Songster
Jan 17, 2021
Hi I ran out of baby duck and chick mix feed and all I have is chick starter is it fine to feed them chick starter its also medicated until I have time to buy new duckling and chick mix raiser feed from TSC. Will medicated chick starter harm baby ducklings.

Yes the biggest thing ducklings will need is niacin. What I bought for my ducks that is AWESOME for them is Mazuri Waterfowl Starter Diet. Has pretty much everything they need and they enjoy it too!

Once they were fully grown I switched their feed but still mix that Mazuri stuff in there just so they can get niacin which other feed lacks

Amprolium is a Thiamine Blocker, it won't hurt ducklings.

The Medicated feed in the older days used either Cyanide, or Arsenic as a Coccidiastat, & it was more deadly to ducklings then chicks. Chickens tolerate the poison better.
Yikes!! I definitionally need to switch the feed immediately. Before they die like this ~>:th

Hi I ran out of baby duck and chick mix feed and all I have is chick starter is it fine to feed them chick starter its also medicated until I have time to buy new duckling and chick mix raiser feed from TSC. Will medicated chick starter harm baby ducklings.
Yes ducks can eat chick starter. Ducklings really are technically called chicks so just like they eat chick grit. Just make sure the chick starter you have has all the nutrient they'll need in it

Back
Top Bottom