Can eggs be shipped from Canada?

AK Michelle

Bad Girl of the North
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
I don't know the regulations but I'm sure someone here does. I am wondering about getting hatching eggs shipped from Canada to Alaska. Is that possible or are there restrictions?

Eggs must have a import permit form 17-129 (except thorough a land border port from Canada). A health certificate from a vet. And the kicker is, the eggs may be quarantined for up to 30 days.
The full set of rules can be read at aphis.USDA.gov/import_export/animals/poulty
Basic goverment BS.
I have heard of some that by pass the rules and hope the package is not checked. Via Christmas or birthday present.

There has been undocumented numbers of Canadians and US citizens going that route for the last twenty years and it is VERY risky to do that. We do not encourage it but some of us are more daring than others. If you get caught, fines and imprisonment will be enforced.

I know birds quarantine is 30 days but I honestly dont know about the eggs. I do know of one Faverolle breeder that imported eggs from France, she got all the government paperwork, vet papers and paid the fees they required and she was able to take it home with her on the same day without any quarantines. After all Avian flu is not passed down to eggs. Out of her dozen of Faverolle eggs she imported only ONE chick, a pullet, was hatched. The rest of them didn't develop all the way. One expensive bird I might say and it might have been due to the airlines compartment pressures, temps. She was able to carry it onboard.

Good luck! I am sure there are many other breeders in Canada that has the breeds you are seeking.

Back
Top Bottom