Solved Can I delete an article?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by alexa009, Oct 20, 2018.

1. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    1: I have some articles I have created not too long back. Some of them I don't want on here because I think they are worthless.
    2: A lot of articles that I try to read on BYC are usually newbies that have asked questions and have accidentally posted in the article section instead. That isn't really a problem though because it is not my account and I don't have the right to delete it.
    Anyway, if someone can respond to my first question can I delete an article posted on my own account?

Melky and Kaylas Chickens like this.
  2. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Crossing the Road

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Following!

Melky and alexa009 like this.
  3. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    Is there a way to update them so the information is more relevant? Why do you think worthless?

alexa009 and Kaylas Chickens like this.
  4. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Yes, but there is one article I created I don't think needs to be updated that had to do with a growing chick. I just would rather not have an article of a growing chick on my account at all if that makes sense. I guess it can be modified in a more relevant way.

Melky and Kaylas Chickens like this.
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

If you really want to delete an article you can report it and explain why you want it deleted.
    report article_1.png

alexa009, Melky and Kaylas Chickens like this.
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

@alexa009, fwiw, I just looked at all of your articles and don't think you should delete any of them. :hugsI saw one that has broken pictures and it would be good to fix that.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    alexa009, Melky and Kaylas Chickens like this.
  7. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    That or just leave as old content.

alexa009 and casportpony like this.
  8. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    I’m with casportpony I think I would leave them but just fix the ones that can’t see photos and update if able with viewable photos.

alexa009 and casportpony like this.
  9. TennesseeFarm

TennesseeFarm Chirping

Oct 16, 2018
    Jackson, Tennessee
    Usually threads are never deleted. Too much work on BYC's behalf and same goes with accounts. Here's an old quote by an administrator.

Attached Files:

casportpony, alexa009 and Melky like this.
  10. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Thank you casportpony! I will try to fix my one article when I get a chance, I was originally trying to repost new pictures on one article but after I had deleted them the new ones wouldn't upload. We had gotten better wifi since then though.

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: