Can I feed my baby pea scratch grain?

Caits Coop

Songster
7 Years
Feb 23, 2014
Smithsburg, Maryland
I only had one pea hatch so I am keeping it with my young chicks in the brooder... can I just feed it the chicken feed and scratch grain or do I need to get it something special? This is my first time having a pea!

Peas need a high protein gamebird type starter. Do not feed him scratch grains at this age. I personally have used 28% game starter with peas.

They need starter feed because it is medicated and babies get sick easily babies should always be heated till 6 months i live by a Rural King and they didnt have peacock starter food if thats the case it is just as healthy and better to feed them chick starter
1f423.png

They need starter feed because it is medicated and babies get sick easily babies should always be heated till 6 months i live by a Rural King and they didnt have peacock starter food if thats the case it is just as healthy and better to feed them chick starter
1f423.png

Did you know that not all starter feeds are medicated?

-Kathy

I am not going to buy medicated chick starter next year since reading the studies that my vet sent me showing that amprolium is not very effective with game birds. We will probably keep using it with the chickens and maybe the guineas.

Back
Top Bottom