Can I get some input on what breed she is, Please?

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
I bought 8 RIR pullets this spring and I have 3 that don't look like the rest. This one has the most spots. They are mostly red but they have some black spots that the feather is laced with white. Kinda looks like eyeballs without an iris. The other two have the same spots just not as many. Are these RIR's or are they mixed?

0714101935.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-07-14

Quote:
LOL I can tell you right now...that is not a Speckled Sussex. ( MrChicken,can't wait until you get the see the pic) It is definitely a RIR cross, but what it's crossed with, I have no idea. It's a very interesting looking bird though.

Quote:
LOL I can tell you right now...that is not a Speckled Sussex. ( MrChicken,can't wait until you get the see the pic) It is definitely a RIR cross, but what it's crossed with, I have no idea. It's a very interesting looking bird though.

To be up most honest it could be a Speckled Sussex cross just as much as it could be a Rhode Island Red cross.

Any was it is not a Pure Rhode Island Red. Could be a Speckled Sussex / Rhode Island Red cross.

Chris

Thats probably it. Crossed with speckled sussex. They are very pretty. Kinda like getting that surprise egg in with a shippment of of eggs you know what they are. The toy in the Cracker Jack box.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom