Can I give coxoid and flubenvet at the same time? Worms, coccidiosis, or bumblefoot- or all the above?! please help.

No, bumblefoot will be from an infected cut. It's more a question of what did they cut their foot on than what infected it.

Surprising you can't get antibiotic creams OTC. Can you get medical-grade honey? It tends to be a bit expensive, but is just as good at keeping bacteria out.
We can get antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, just not antibiotic…
No, bumblefoot will be from an infected cut. It's more a question of what did they cut their foot on than what infected it.

Surprising you can't get antibiotic creams OTC. Can you get medical-grade honey? It tends to be a bit expensive, but is just as good at keeping bacteria out.
With those swollen feet and toes, you might be dealing with gout as well as bumblefoot. In the second picture is the grreen skin due to bruising, or do you have an easter egger that has green legs? Bumblefoot is not always treated overnight. It might require soaks for a few days. I don’t usually do anything, unless there is limping or an abscess. Sometimes bumblefoot is just a chronic scab, and causes no problems. Incase it is gout, which causes lumpy toes and feet, here is some info on that:
https://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/gout-management-in-poultry
omg, I didn't even notice the green on her legs until you mentioned it @Eggcessive !!! Her legs used to be bright yellow! I did google this and apparently when they're laying they lose pigment in their legs. But the green is a mystery. She is not unhappy, or limping, and today also I got their worm count back from the lab. Nothing!! 'No worm eggs seen'. So now I am at a loss. Still a small amount of runny poo (different to cecal) but nowhere near as bad as a few days ago. Am still soaking their feet each night and bandaging them.
Could her legs be bruised from having to stand slightly differently on them due to her feet being bandaged?!

Do the legs appear green to you in person? If not the green could just be in the picture. But green skin can be due to bruising from injury or squeezing. Easter eggers and birds who are mixed with ameraucanas can have green legs.

Do the legs appear green to you in person? If not the green could just be in the picture. But green skin can be due to bruising from injury or squeezing. Easter eggers and birds who are mixed with ameraucanas can have green legs.
They do appear green yes, and the rest appear grey- but this is what she looked like 5months ago! She wasn’t laying then though and I’ve read today that pullets can lose their leg colour when they are laying. Fascinating.

Attachments

• 8AEEBCAF-6879-41DF-A37F-3E360F903F25.png
    8AEEBCAF-6879-41DF-A37F-3E360F903F25.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
My chickens have had foul smelling diarrhoea for 3 days, yellowish brown, runny, sometimes a bit lumpy and or foamy, and it TRULY STINKS.
I'm worried they have worms- I've ordered Flubinvet and Coxoid and I really need to know if I can treat with both at the same time? My chickens are otherwise healthy and pottering around. I'd say egg laying is reduced a bit but I haven't beein keeping proper track of this- I will be taking a lot of notice from now onwards.

Side note- they also have what I suspected was mild bumblefoot - very slightly swollen toes/pads with black scab in the middle. I tried soaking in Epson salts and picking off the scab to squeeze out any infection but it was dry inside. I used magnesium sulphate paste and bandaged, I'll be doing that every evening now.

Please can anyone advise?
There is an app called flockstar that I use to keep track of who is laying, you can add notes if there are any abnormalities and what not. It's a good tool to have.

Green can be bruising - typically shows up a few days after injury - but on the feet, it can also be a colour fault. Their feet do lose that bright yellow tone to their yolks over time and look more washed out than when they were pullets.

As her feet are quite dirty, it's hard to say if the green on her scales is bruising or pigment in the scales, but I would lean towards the latter from your first pics.

Giving them a good scrub would give a better view, but I know getting their feet properly clean can be a challenge. Dirt really likes to hang around in the cracks between scales.

There is an app called flockstar that I use to keep track of who is laying, you can add notes if there are any abnormalities and what not. It's a good tool to have.
That’s sounds like a great resource, thank you for sharing that x
Green can be bruising - typically shows up a few days after injury - but on the feet, it can also be a colour fault. Their feet do lose that bright yellow tone to their yolks over time and look more washed out than when they were pullets.

As her feet are quite dirty, it's hard to say if the green on her scales is bruising or pigment in the scales, but I would lean towards the latter from your first pics.

Giving them a good scrub would give a better view, but I know getting their feet properly clean can be a challenge. Dirt really likes to hang around in the cracks between scales.
ooh I’ll give her a pedicure and tag you again if that’s ok. I looked back on photos from earlier this year and her legs are frighteningly more yellow than they look in these photos, I feel terrible I never noticed.

Back
Top Bottom