Can I give my chickens pork chop bones?

Topic Topic

There's no reason not to feed your chickens bones from cooked pork chops. Mine think they are in Chicken Heaven when rib bones (pork or beef) are on the menu! And the little stinkers will pick chicken bones clean until their run looks like one of those scenes from an old western on the banks of an alkali creek with all the white bones lying around! Common sense when feeding chickens goes a long way - fish bones are out around here. Nope, not, never. But every other bone is fair game!

Chickens can clean up bones of any kind... If they came across a dead rat, trust me they will eat it. You aren't going to hurt your birds unless it has so much salt on it you feel bloated. I know you weren't trying to offend anyone with this question and some of you need to learn that our differences is what makes life interesting!!!!! Why push someone that doesn't believe the same way. To each their own. Have a fabulous day.

Talkalittle your actually right. Usually I would not chime in as i respect others with differring view points. However, what compelled me to comment is because when someone is talking about the bible in which I believe and is portraying it inaccuratley is where I feel correction should be made and not in a mean, distastful way.

I brought some pork chop bones and scraps down to the girls one evening. One snatched the whole bone right out of my hand. It was the funniest thing watching her run frantically around the yard with that bone in her beak trying to keep it away from the other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom