Can I give my chickens pork chop bones?

Just make sure its cooked well if for personal consumption. The chickens will strip the bone clean. I've read that its better to eat pork in winter months than in the summer not sure why.

Quote:
I wonder why that is. I do cook it well (also beef gets cooked well-I don't like pink meat of any kind) but when we were at Outback recently, the manager there told me that it isn't necessary anymore. But I always have it cooked well. In this case it baked in the oven for over an hour.

Quote:
Wow, I could go a long way on this statement, but oh the trouble I'd cause. I don't see the relationship between the two. Anyway, it's you life.
smile.png

Quote:
Wow, I could go a long way on this statement, but oh the trouble I'd cause. I don't see the relationship between the two. Anyway, it's you life.
smile.png

There is no relationship between the two. Another poster said something about biblical whatever and I am pretty sure Jewish people aren't supposed to eat pork? (although I have known people who are Jewish and do eat pork). I admit I'm not well versed in the bible but I am Catholic and all of my husband's family, who are also Catholic, eat pork and my MIL is well versed in the bible. So I am not too worried about the religious side of it that someone else posted about. The farmer part was to emphasize that we raise our own so we know exactly what goes into them, although to some pork-avoiders that may not sweeten the deal.
smile.png

Fed my chcicks the ham bone and a shoulder bone that was raw.
Got 4 eggs today from 4 layers. One is still dragging her feet. Anyway, I fed those things to them several days ago. Just checked on them again. All good.
Why no pork? Or raw meat?

Quote:
I wonder why that is. I do cook it well (also beef gets cooked well-I don't like pink meat of any kind) but when we were at Outback recently, the manager there told me that it isn't necessary anymore. But I always have it cooked well. In this case it baked in the oven for over an hour.

That's true! I am the opposite I love pink juicy meat so I was very glad to hear this about pork... I LOVE pork!

Quote:

I can't remember. Just make sure the pork is cooked.

Back
Top Bottom