Can I have a Button (Chinese) quail if I have a pet cat?

My cat is fine with my budgie he lets her sit on his back and doesnt try to kill her. Does this make any different?

Your cat has likely been raised with your budgie and accepts her as part of the family. The quail will be an outside interloper, and your cat will likely consider it a target.

Your cat has likely been raised with your budgie and accepts her as part of the family. The quail will be an outside interloper, and your cat will likely consider it a target.

Sorry im not trying to sound like i know more becuase i dont, but we got our cat at around 4 years ago and my mum got her budgie a couple of months ago, althouh befor my mum got her budgie i had my own for i think 2 years so that could have. < lol sorry about that

Sorry scatch that, my family loves birds so we have had birds all our lives and sence we have got the cat all of our past and present birds have told the cat off if he tryed to get them so that could be why.
hmm.png

Sorry im not trying to sound like i know more becuase i dont, but we got our cat at around 4 years ago and my mum got her budgie a couple of months ago, althouh befor my mum got her budgie i had my own for i think 2 years so that could have. < lol sorry about that

Sorry scatch that, my family loves birds so we have had birds all our lives and sence we have got the cat all of our past and present birds have told the cat off if he tryed to get them so that could be why.
hmm.png

You may have one of those rare cats that simply leaves birds alone. I had one like that once, a tuxedo cat named Holmes, who accidently got into the room where we were keeping chicks in a brooder. He had been in there for some time before we discovered him and when we did, he was sitting right in the middle of the brooder watching the chicks as they ran around him. We were amazed that he never attacked one. Holmes' sister was an affirmed bird killer so I have no idea why the difference in the temperament of the two. However, I personally don't think that I would want to risk it with your new quail. A mistake in judgment here will likely be your quail's farewell.

You may have one of those rare cats that simply leaves birds alone. I had one like that once, a tuxedo cat named Holmes, who accidently got into the room where we were keeping chicks in a brooder. He had been in there for some time before we discovered him and when we did, he was sitting right in the middle of the brooder watching the chicks as they ran around him. We were amazed that he never attacked one. Holmes' sister was an affirmed bird killer so I have no idea why the difference in the temperament of the two. However, I personally don't think that I would want to risk it with your new quail. A mistake in judgment here will likely be your quail's farewell.

Thank you
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom