Can I have some photos? Insert breed too!

Black Australorp. Its a good breed. It was developed in Australia from Orpington stock. Austral(ian)Orp(ington)

Here they are just before they started laying.

Last edited:
Here is a black Silkie. Silkies have many colors. They are soft and fluffy, with no real hard feathers except wing feathers. They were developed in Asia. Ive read they good brooders.

thankyou guys soooo much! If Orschelns has australorps I might get 3 or maybe 3 silkies. Sorry cant make up my mind..... Maybe a red S link?

Get one of each!
big_smile.png

thats a good idea but sometimes they fight when their different breeds but I guess there's gonna be fighting anyway.....do hens fight?

If they are raised together they should be fine. I ahve a Jersey Giant, 2 australorps, 2 americanas and a golden laced wyndotte roo. Hens dont usually fight if they are familiar with eachother, regardless of breed, roos will if there is another roo around.

If a roo feels his girls might get shmoozed away by the other roo they will fight, and they are brutal.

Hens will nit pick at times, but not brawl. There will always be a pecking order, but that usually is established nice and early if they are raised together. Kinda like human siblings. Its best not to try nd control the pecking order unless someone is getting seriously injured or deliberately starved (which can happen)

Oh golly... Where to start.

Here's Gladys, a black sexlink

One of our Rhode Island Reds

Goldie, a red sexlink, sporting her fashionable butterfly saddle.

Strawberry, a Production Red hen.

Milton, a barred rock rooster. We have a hen, too, but I don't have a decent picture of her handy.

Two Polish crested hens, Buck buck Bjork (back) and Bubbles (fore)

Elvis, a silver-laced Polish crested rooster

Eclair, an Easter Egger

Chipmunk, another Easter Egger.

Awesome Thankyou! I have what I want to know already but if anybody wants to post more to change my mind......

Back
Top Bottom