Can I help chickens with pasty butt in a store

Ok, I’m young how am I supposed to help the chicks, I don’t know if they would let me

Last edited:
Ok, I’m young how am I supposed to help the chicks, I don’t know if they would let me
Otherwise, Can your parents ask to talk to the store manger, then you can tell the store manager what you think? Maybe even offer a printed out article so they know what your telling is the truth? There are good articles on BYC about pasty butt.

Last edited:

Honestly if it’s a place like TSC they likely won’t let you. I’ve spoken with 2 different stores about their chicks having pasty butt. They’re “aware” of it. One said they had someone that was going to clean them up after their lunch break. My understanding is only staff are allowed to handle the poultry.

Honestly if it’s a place like TSC they likely won’t let you. I’ve spoken with 2 different stores about their chicks having pasty butt. They’re “aware” of it. One said they had someone that was going to clean them up after their lunch break. My understanding is only staff are allowed to handle the poultry.
I agree, it really depends on who you talk to, but if you talk to the right person, I can't see denying help.
Even if they said no though, you could give tips on how to keep it from happening.

I'd still consider asking (or having your parents ask) to speak to a manager, to point out the issue. Even if they don't "care" it's still to their advantage to take better care of the chicks, in order to have them around long enough to sell, and to reduce the number of complaints or refunds given out for birds passing away shortly after sale.

That said, the small feed stores I go to, I see employees wiping pasty butt off chicks, so I know they're being taken care of, so that's why I buy from those locations.

Back
Top Bottom