Can i incubate eggs at a high humidity rate?

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So i put 8 quail eggs in my incubator and put it at a temp of 37.5 and a humidity of 45/30% mostly 30% it was all good and all but i was getting tired of getting out of bed every 2 hours to fill the incubator with a syringe with about 5 mililitters of water.. And secondly when i touch the eggs it doesn't feel that warm.. So i gave it all up i filled one channel up with water and immediately it rose up to 70% left it for 5 minutes and still 70% and the eggs now started feeling warmer.... I asked my friend if it was ok he told me to dry incubate the eggs.. I tried that but humidity dropped to 30% and that was certainly not a high humidity rate.. Is there any more ways i can fix it? Please i haven't slept for two days! (Note: i incubated guineas, chickens, coachens up to 300 chicks with this incubator at 70% humidity and had no problem except now since it is my first time with quails i decided to care for the eggs).

As i said in the post it is incredibly hard to do that.. I live in baghdad where humidity changes a frick ton a lot.. Plus filling the incubator every 2 hours with a syringe isn't going to help me..
Hopefully someone give you tips to help keep your humidity levels stabilized.

Those quails eggs in the first day i put them in a brinsea mini II 7 egg but as i had to put some eggs there i put them in a 48 egg chinese egg incubator
I don't know how the Chinese egg incubator is set up, but with humidity the depth of the water doesn't matter, it's the surface area. So hypothetically you should be able to fill one channel up as much as possible, which would keep the humidity stable for longer. If the channels aren't deep enough to do that then I can see your problem.

Back
Top Bottom