Can I leave chicks alone for a couple hours?

Apr 13, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hi!!!

I'm getting some eggs to hatch next week :celebratesuper excited!! (chicken math got me in trouble:confused:)

Anyway, when they hatch (the first week) I have to be at work (in person) from around 8-11 every day, and I'm wondering if the chicks will be okay alone for those few hours??? I'm also going to be home for the first couple of days to keep an extra close eye on them, but after that it'll be 3-4 hours a day that I'm gone. Is this okay??

Thanks!

Hi!!!

I'm getting some eggs to hatch next week :celebratesuper excited!! (chicken math got me in trouble:confused:)

Anyway, when they hatch (the first week) I have to be at work (in person) from around 8-11 every day, and I'm wondering if the chicks will be okay alone for those few hours??? I'm also going to be home for the first couple of days to keep an extra close eye on them, but after that it'll be 3-4 hours a day that I'm gone. Is this okay??

Thanks!
I check on mine morning and evening. I make sure to have two water sources in case they tip one, but otherwise I don't worry about them. They don't need a babysitter if they are in a secure area with a good heat source.

They will be fine. With my batches of chicks, I would work 9 hours a day and they were just fine. I just made sure they always had enough food and water to last them all day.
They will be fine.
I check on mine morning and evening. I make sure to have two water sources in case they tip one, but otherwise I don't worry about them. They don't need a babysitter if they are in a secure area with a good heat source.

Thank you all so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom