Can I put Peafowl in the same pen as chickens?

karaokechick

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 25, 2010
Naples, Florida
I have 3 peafowl in one cage and I was wondering if I could add some chickens to the run. I have a few hens & Roos that need to be separated from my clan until a friend finishes their new coop.

I do not know how old yours are but i just stared freeranging the ones i raised up and some of my chickens pick on them once in a while, it's no big deal here because they can get away, but in a pen i think they would hurt themselves trying to get away cause they jump straight up in the air when trying to get out of the way.

4months12310.jpg

Does the age matter? My peafowl were given to me recently and are not yet free ranged. They are 3.5 - 4 years old and the chickens are 5-6 months. The pen is quite large. 20x20x7h with a 8x4 separate run area for a young male peacock who is 1.5, otherwise its huge for just 3 birds.

I have a pair of bantam cochins with my peacocks. I raised the bantams from day olds and they are perfectly healthy. I used to house 2 geese and 4 ducks that I also raised from hatchlings with them too. I removed all waterfowl from the pen due to overcrowding and just aesthetics. Since i removed them, my Cayugas have already started breeding and my Africa Geese are starting to look interested.lol. It seemed to have actually made the Peacocks more jumpy though, not having them in there. I think they don't know what to do with all the room.

Back
Top Bottom