Can I put two broodies together in broody jail?

zimileih

Songster
Mar 28, 2021
I have two broody hens currently. One has been broody for a month. I keep pulling her off the nest multiple times a day but she not giving up. The other has been at it for a little over a week. I think at this point I need to put them in a dog kennel with food and water. Could I put them both in the same one, or do they need different cages?

I'm getting worried for my girl who won't give up even after a month :(

They might be able to share a cage, depending on how they act.

I would put them both in and watch to see what happens. If you see a problem, take one back out again. You can break one and then do the other, if they will not get along with each other.

My hen i got because she was broody and the old owner didnt want a hen who kept going broody...so i took her. Wouldn't you know the car ride brought her out of it. Maybe try a nice ride in a safe carrier? She just went broody with us the first time a bit ago but we have her hatching eggs for us so its okay but we have had her a year and a half.

My hen i got because she was broody and the old owner didnt want a hen who kept going broody...so i took her. Wouldn't you know the car ride brought her out of it. Maybe try a nice ride in a safe carrier? She just went broody with us the first time a bit ago but we have her hatching eggs for us so its okay but we have had her a year and a half.
Now that's thinking outside the box (cage)!

UPDATE strugglebus chick MADE IT OUT!!! WEWT!! it took a rest in the incubator (extremely supervised) and pushed itself free of remaining membrane in an hour. No blood no yolk sac external! Now for my wittle peeper to fluff up and rest!! Oh sweet relief!!

Back
Top Bottom