Can I shoot a stray Rooster????

BoJo

Songster
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
Dawsonville, Ga
I have my 4 chickens....and that is all...they roam the yard and have for awhile.....

Today when I came home there was a BIG ROOSTER...twice the size of my babies.....he hurt my roo and had his way with my girls!!!!

NOW...I can not trade my Mille eggs...because I do not know if he has been here before or not......My neighbors don't even have chickens........I live in a remote place.....this guy would have had to come from over the forest or a mile away.......

he.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif

I have vented...now I want to know if I can shoot him??!!

I know he was just doing what came natural....does animal control take away stray roos???

BoJo

p.s.....he was ugly too!!

shoot it, i would and im pretty sure no one can get you in trouble for it. Heck our neighbor is allowed ot shoot at his dog....

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I remember reading your post on that....... Will it be Ok if I am not drunk though???!!!
gig.gif

Hey maybe I can catch him and send him to a BYCer!!!

BoJo​

Welllll......you know that ugly is in the eye of the beholder. That said, however, looks like you have plenty of options. Animal control in most places will take poultry. Chickens are essentially food, too, so if you do choose to shoot him I would make it a good head shot and eat him as opposed to wasting perfectly good meat. He probably isn't too young so I am assuming he would be a good crock pot bird. Good luck and I hope your little roo wasn't hurt too badly.

I don't know... how well can you shoot???
lau.gif

many years ago on butchering day, my brothers little boys let a bunch of the chickens out of the coop and into the field.. we got out the 22s and shot about 50 of them.. all head shots..

Back
Top Bottom