Can i still get chickens? My yard floods basically everytime it rains because of how low it is. what would I do with them while it floods?

Kelseyistre

Hatching
Feb 22, 2021
I live in Texas and my yard is the lowest yard in the neighborhood, So when it rains (even if very little) everyone’s water comes into our yard. And my mother said I could get chickens but the only thing holding my dad back from saying yes is our yard floods so easily. anyone have any ideas?

I live by the river and everyone here's yard floods....except ours. The man that built this house put out a ton of sand in his yard. But, that is just an FYI really....

Their coop could be built on a boat in your yard. I live on a slope and when it rains I get water, but I'm always building different places they can be safe in the rain.

Chickens can perch off the ground when they sleep, but they will need dry places and shade from the sun. For a total flood, you would have to design a coop off the ground where their eggs can be and they can hang out in the rain. But it sounds pretty doable.

I live in Texas and my yard is the lowest yard in the neighborhood, So when it rains (even if very little) everyone’s water comes into our yard. And my mother said I could get chickens but the only thing holding my dad back from saying yes is our yard floods so easily. anyone have any ideas?
Forget chickens and get ducks.

I agree on ducks. They are fun too! With the natural water way, they’ll be in ducky heaven. LoL

If you’re set on chickens, what about trenching around your yard. Where does it go from your place?

and how does your house not flood?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom