Can I use Blu Kote on quail?

chicken_angler

Coop Constructist
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
a house
I have a few quail that are missing a few feathers and I was windering if I could put blu kote on them? I have a bottle of it from my chickens and it seems to work really well!

Thanks!
Cody!!

Cody, is your bobwhites hurting your coturnix? I ask because if your birds are missing tha tmany feahters you want to put bluekot on them it may be time to separate.

Quote:
No it is just two of the big browns. They were like that when I got them. I Have a little runt that is missing most of her back feathers and man is she mean! She bruises up the bobwhites. lol!

Thanks for the replies!
Cody!!

Quote:
No it is just two of the big browns. They were like that when I got them. I Have a little runt that is missing most of her back feathers and man is she mean! She bruises up the bobwhites. lol!

Thanks for the replies!
Cody!!

the hens will miss featherse on their backs esp if they are a favorite of the roos. The blue kote will have to stay on her perminantly then because she will almost always be a little bald. Would be better just to leave her be if that's all it is.

Quote:

Thanks for the replies!
Cody!!

Hey Cody, we both got our starter birds from the same place... Got the right guy right? (phew short term memory loss is my problemo... but I think it's you...)

The birds we got were a little crowded, the hen/rooster ratio plays a role, and space of coop will also determin a role. most of mine had bare necks when I picked them up. I have a much bigger pen than the breeder had his trio's in and they have now started to feather back out
smile.png

PS, what's your Roo/Hen ratio? I know he had a 1-3 ratio, but I find a 1-5 makes for happiness all the way around.......... taught my kids how to cull excess roo's and we had a feast fit for kings...........

Quote:

Thanks for the replies!
Cody!!

Hey Cody, we both got our starter birds from the same place... Got the right guy right? (phew short term memory loss is my problemo... but I think it's you...)

The birds we got were a little crowded, the hen/rooster ratio plays a role, and space of coop will also determin a role. most of mine had bare necks when I picked them up. I have a much bigger pen than the breeder had his trio's in and they have now started to feather back out
smile.png

PS, what's your Roo/Hen ratio? I know he had a 1-3 ratio, but I find a 1-5 makes for happiness all the way around.......... taught my kids how to cull excess roo's and we had a feast fit for kings...........

I kinda dont have a hen to roo ratio right now. They are all in a big cage together. If I have to, I can make seperate cages but then I would need waterers and feeders. I got 10 female BB(big browns) and 3 male BB. So I guess the ratio would be 1 to 3 and one pen would be 1 to 4. I am also concerned because I have only gotten two eggs form the big browns. I got one egg two days after I got them and another egg from them last thursday? Alsp, the A&M's layed only one egg. Now the Mexicans are laying an egg every other day becasue I only have one hen! Lol

Thanks!

Cody!!

Back
Top Bottom