Can I use ivermectin and safeguard?? Please let me know!

Good evening, in two days i will go through my second round of treatment of ivermectin pour on for Mites and lice. But I have an issue. One of my girls has what I believe is Cecal worms (long, thin, and white worms), and I have some safeguard for horses on hand to treat my whole flock. Can I treat my flock with safeguard and ivermectin pour on at the same time? Is it safe?
Yes, one can use ivermectin & fenbendazole (Safeguard/Panacur) at the same time.

If you're seeing long thin worms, those are probably large roundworms, not cecal worms.

How many birds do you have to treat? It might be more cost-effective to buy some Safeguard for goats.

sounds great! Also, how much of the safeguard paste should I give each chicken. I’ve seen people mention cc and ml, but I don’t understand it too well? I’ve also seen people say to give each chicken a pea size dose, but others say that dosage is wrong. And is it possible to overdose safeguard Paste? Sorry about all the questions I just want to be sure! Thanks.
It depends on what worms you want to treat. Capillary worms require high doses for 5 consecutive days, but large roundworms & cecal worms can be treated with a single dose of 0.23 ml per pound once, then repeated in 10-14 days.

A pea-sized amount might treat a really small chicken, but it's not enough to treat a standard-sized chicken. Check out this thread:

The Truth About the "Pea Sized Blob" of Horse Paste De-Wormer

It's 25 grams total, or 100 mg per gram!
Mary
You’re right! This is a picture of the tube.
IMG_5164.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom