Can I vaccinate my bobwhites with IC, AB&C vaccination?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Jenlyn9483, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi, My chickens are nearing 8 weeks so Im ordering their first round of vaccinations which will be IC (infectious corza ab &c) and i was wondering if I could also vaccinate my bobwhites while I was at it or do they need special vaccines?

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Jen To The Best Of My Knowledge They Require A Special Vacine. There Is 1 Commercially Made Vacine For Bob Whites... Tho I Dont Think It Covers Coryza. According To The Vet Manuals Coryza Is A Chicken Only Specialty Disease- Quail Do Not Get It... The Disease They Get That We Commonly Refer To As Coryza Is Actually Mycoplasma Gallisepticum Or Mg. May Be Wrong, But I Know Of No Vacine That Covers This For Quail

3. animal8

animal8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Oxford
    Is it necessary to give quail any type of vaccine during their life? Do you need to give them wormers of any sort?

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Vacines While Almost Non Existant Would Be A Personal Animal Husbandry Decision... Wormers? Absolutely! You Should Consult Your Local County Extension Agent Or Veterinarian And Develop A Worming Schedule Suited To Your Climate/ Environment

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thanks JJ! I did see a multi vaccine for bobwhites it was expensive but I think it qty for a mass flock. I only have 33 total bobs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by