Can I vaccinate my bobwhites with IC, AB&C vaccination?

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Hi, My chickens are nearing 8 weeks so Im ordering their first round of vaccinations which will be IC (infectious corza ab &c) and i was wondering if I could also vaccinate my bobwhites while I was at it or do they need special vaccines?

Jen To The Best Of My Knowledge They Require A Special Vacine. There Is 1 Commercially Made Vacine For Bob Whites... Tho I Dont Think It Covers Coryza. According To The Vet Manuals Coryza Is A Chicken Only Specialty Disease- Quail Do Not Get It... The Disease They Get That We Commonly Refer To As Coryza Is Actually Mycoplasma Gallisepticum Or Mg. May Be Wrong, But I Know Of No Vacine That Covers This For Quail

Is it necessary to give quail any type of vaccine during their life? Do you need to give them wormers of any sort?

Vacines While Almost Non Existant Would Be A Personal Animal Husbandry Decision... Wormers? Absolutely! You Should Consult Your Local County Extension Agent Or Veterinarian And Develop A Worming Schedule Suited To Your Climate/ Environment

Back
Top Bottom