Can i wrap aluminum around a light bulb to make a heating source for chicks?

Well I'm absolutely confused. A chick not being able to open its eyes doesnt mean its blind. Is their gunk on its eyes. Blood?

Also, why are you turning off the heat lamp? You can get a heat plate that doesnt put off light but I'm still confused as to why you are turning off the light.
They turned off the light because it was a white light (regular light bulb) and the chicks did not get a break from light.

Great advice above.. the chick with the eye problem, how is it’s eyes close. Are they matted/stuck closed. If so use a quip wet it with warm water and gently run it over its eyes.. that may help. With the cramped conditions that maybe causing the problems with its eyes not the brightness of the light.

You could also take a red sharpie marker and color the bulb, a lot safer than aluminum foil (that could even cause a fire). It’s not an ideal way to do it but it would work, especially since your limited on recourses at the time.

I agree bigger area for those babies. Taping two boxes together is a good idea if you have nothing else. I use a dog kennel for mine. Think outside the box look around the house and find something bigger that will work.
I like the shrpie idea I have also seen a bulb painted with a thin layer of red paint before and it was working of course that was a bulb from 30+ years ago. agree plenty of space with varied heat so they can self regulate their temp. make sure water is plentiful and use pebbles or marbles or similar to keep it from being deep enough for them to drown in. best of luck.

I like the shrpie idea I have also seen a bulb painted with a thin layer of red paint before and it was working of course that was a bulb from 30+ years ago. agree plenty of space with varied heat so they can self regulate their temp. make sure water is plentiful and use pebbles or marbles or similar to keep it from being deep enough for them to drown in. best of luck.
No worries im going to buy a brinsea heater for the new chicks along with a new incubator brinsea ovation 28 EX :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom