Can males be kept together?

I have a bachelor pen, sometimes I get a brute that I have to cull, and in spring and summer they crow a lot, but they don’t generally hurt each other. They usually pick one or two to be the hen, and they take turns with him. Mine can hear and see hens from a distance or at least know they are there, and it doesn’t make them hostile to each other, they just crow more if they hear hens alarm calling and such. I try not to intro any birds alone, usually in 3s or more, but I do occasionally return one of the OGs to the male jail, and take someone else out, but usually my big guys who come in and out of there can handle themselves with the youngsters who just wait for the auction or the freezer.

I have a bachelor pen, sometimes I get a brute that I have to cull, and in spring and summer they crow a lot, but they don’t generally hurt each other. They usually pick one or two to be the hen, and they take turns with him. Mine can hear and see hens from a distance or at least know they are there, and it doesn’t make them hostile to each other, they just crow more if they hear hens alarm calling and such. I try not to intro any birds alone, usually in 3s or more, but I do occasionally return one of the OGs to the male jail, and take someone else out, but usually my big guys who come in and out of there can handle themselves with the youngsters who just wait for the auction or the freezer.
Thank you! I moved them together today and they seem to be doing OK so far. I'll keep watching them but hopefully it'll all work out.

Back
Top Bottom