Can my chicks eat meal worms?

Hi,

Yes they can definitely eat mealworms. Just make sure to feed small sizes between 1/2'' - 5/8'', that's what most my clients feed their baby chicks. You should definitely post some pics of the feeding, that'd be awesome.

Cheers!

-Johnny

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock. Chicks can eat small mealworms and make sure that they have grit to properly digest them,

images

Welcome to BYC!

Drumstick Diva X2. I would hold off for the simple reason that sometimes chicks don't know the difference between meal worms and toes and this can start a very bad habit of toe picking. Always offer grit when feeding anything other than chick starter.

Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

I say no I did and they got running poop and that's not good I had to clean there butts a lot but you can if you want just watch out for v cloged vent

Back
Top Bottom