Solved Can people stop responding to 10 year old threads?

Pics
Hmmm...maybe, when was it @RiverOtter ?
I know they've lost a lot with their upgrades the past couple-three years,
not the forum it used to be 6-7 years ago.
It was right around the time it got sold. I don't know if it was the new owners or the old ones that promoted A___, but I remember with the sale there was not enough oversight and MANY people - even other mods, were driven from the forum before anyone who could do something about it realized. Some of the new upgrades were a desperate bid to get people back.

Can the thread start date be added to the tag with the title? I mean the forum lists the latest post date/time so you can't tell its an old post till you click on it. If the thread start date was added you could just bypass those unless you intended to read them.

I have often gotten my best answer to a question from an old post. I don’t mind old posts being resurrected. The current answer to an ancient post may not be useful for the OP but it can still be useful to a current reader.
I agree. I accidentally responded to an old post this morning but oh well. If it helps someone out today shouldn't matter when the thread got started. We are all here to learn and share 😋

As some what of a newbie and no I didn't read all 7 pages of this thread. I did the first couple pages and went to the end. I have caught myself reading through what I thought was a new one only to get to the end and see it was only there because someone replied to an old thread. This didn't happen because I search the BYC archives but because I google searched a question and it directed me to a BYC thread. If you search "how do I_______" and it's anything related to something that was talked about on this site it pops up and when you click on it you're now in the middle of a discussion about an incubation problem reading and reading and then you get to the end and realize its from 2007. I think its probably a google search issue more that a BYC. Again I'm somewhat new and if someone already said this I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom