Can Sevin liquid be sprayed on my birds?

Kansaseq

Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
NE Kansas
I read on here that they are not going to make Sevin dust anymore, and when I checked at the Walmart, they no longer had it.
Is the liquid safe to use on my birds? I would think the ingredients are the same, so it SHOULD be ok, but I want to be sure. Anyone know?

And will DE kill any bugs that might be on my birds, or is it more of a preventative?

Last edited:
If your chicken lays your breakfast, do you really want your breakfast provider covered with poison?

sickbyc.gif

I don't think it would work as well as the dust. It's easier to get the dust into their skin...you'd have to soak them down with it I'd think to get the liquid down to their skin. I don't think I'd use the liquid.

Quote:
I'll have to check the one in Olathe. Maybe they still have some, too!

Edited for punctuation
roll.png

Last edited:
I don't know if you have a Southern States dealer or not, but they are still selling their brand of it. Exact same ingredients as Sevin dust, and I was able to get both the 5% and 10% there.

As far as eating eggs after dusting a chicken, SURE I WILL! Heck, Sevin dust is put on the VEGGIES and then eaten!

Quote:
We don't have that store here
sad.png

And yea, that's kind of what I thought about it's safety. If it's safe for vegetables we eat, why not eggs? Just didn't know if the liquid had any different ingredients, or would be absorbed differently by the hen.

Back
Top Bottom