Can some please tell me what's wrong with my chick(pictures)

Polyvisol it's multi vitamin for infants, you can get it at any store. Check the baby section but also check the medicine section, where they sell tylenol. For the runs, grind up some oatmeal, just regular oatmeal, that will help. Mix 1/3 of Oatmeal with 2/3's of food.. Give 3 drops of Vitamin per day. Is he trying to walk on his legs at all? Need to get him off his belly... Check underneath make sure there's no food or cuts on the bottom of his feet. do you have him on newspaper? If so get him off the newspaper, newspaper is too slippery, he needs something that he can grip his feet a little better.. Hope he can get them straightened out and not end up like one of my chicks where his legs kept twisting up and up until it was as high as his wings. Needless to say after 2 months the poor little guy died..

Will go buy some tonight!! He's on the rubber liner and has been since hatching. I will give him oatmeal in a bit. He's standing and hopping around looks bright eyed, I'm just impatient want ing the little critter to walk normal
Ayda

Try taken the hair tie off, let him try to walk around for a little bit on his own, watch him and see if he goes right back into the spraddle position. He may have a defect to where it may never get better but will sail that boat when we get to it.. If he does start to spraddle without even trying to stand on his little legs, go ahead and put the hair tie back on, if he's half doing it, another words if he's standing on one but not the other to much, put the hair tie back on, if he stands on both for some time, then THAT's a REALLY good thing..... then we are making lots of progress.. We may have to keep the hair tie on for a week but let's see how he does on his own right now.. This will be his TEST.. Hopefully he passes... lol

Quote:
It's a Lavender Orpington. I do have a Silkie and am trying to hatch more so he/she can have friends. It's very lonely and about 2 1/2 weeks old.
Again thank you very much for all your help, we very much appreciate it. Am off to test
Ayda

OK the baby does stand wobbly and is walking around wobbling, the stance is wide but he is walking, rocking back and forth for balance. Should I put the band on for a while longer or just at night??
Ayda

Well we want him to get strength in his legs, i would let him work on it on his own, but the minute you see him going back on his stomach and legs starting to spread out, but it back on, but lets try for a day to see if he can manage on his own and get some strength..

Quote:
Will do Dr.
big_smile.png

Ayda

ha ha ha not even close, I just have been through this and it's awful and the process could take a long time and sometimes it's over in a matter of hours.

Well I am for one very grateful! I'm an RN by profession but have no clue about chicks, now humans well I can handle those LOL. These little guys are so helpless and I feel like I went thru labor with them, I always say born instead of hatch:lol:
BTW I love your Lavender Silkies, where did you get them or did you hatch them yourself??
Ayda

Back
Top Bottom