Can somebody help me identify the gender of this 11 week old Red breasted, old English game?

jayhames

Hatching
Sep 27, 2023
I have a 11 week old red breasted old English game bantam I posted on Facebook and was wondering if anybody could help me decipher the gender of this chicken

Attachments

• IMG_8099.jpeg
    IMG_8099.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8082.jpeg
    IMG_8082.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8081.jpeg
    IMG_8081.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6
I have a 11 week old red breasted old English game bantam I posted on Facebook and was wondering if anybody could help me decipher the gender of this chicken
Others may be right.. but that's WAY less comb and waddles than I expect to see for a cockerel at 11 weeks old.. And I'm also not able to make out any gender specific saddle feathers. I'm going with pullet.

Not being familiar with the breed itself.. maybe others are talking about plumage pattern or see something I do not??

Others may be right.. but that's WAY less comb and waddles than I expect to see for a cockerel at 11 weeks old.. And I'm also not able to make out any gender specific saddle feathers. I'm going with pullet.

Not being familiar with the breed itself.. maybe others are talking about plumage pattern or see something I do not??
I'm looking at feather color. Males of this color have black breast feathers. Females are salmon colored.

Back
Top Bottom