Can someone give me a good recipe for pork shoulder steaks?

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I am going to be cooking them tonight and was wondering if someone had a simple but good recipe- one where I would be likely to have most of the stuff on hand. I googled it but got a bunch of recipes that would require a trip to the store.

Thanks!

I think the best way is to fry them and have gravy and mashed potatoes. My husband forbids me to buy them or have that cut when butchering a pig. He says they have too much fat on them. Butterfly chops are a different story. yum. sorry, not much help.

It's the shoulder cut into steaks. This package is about a foot long and 4 inches wide and a few inches thick. The meat inside is cut into steaks. I can't remember now how many.

I guess I will be cutting the fat off of them if they are fatty. DW HATES fat- she's always "wasting" little pieces that I promptly eat.
lol.png

if your DW doesn't care for fat, then trim and broil them.

you could just season them with salt, pepper and rosemary.

or just some seasoned salt.

it wont take long at all to cook them.

easy breezy.

I trim them, put them between wax paper and pound em thin, egg wash and bread crumbs, then brown in canola oil, (pretty hot so they brown quick) then put in the oven for a bit while finishing the mashed potatoes and country gravy and veggies.

An old favorite is" Pork Steaks (or chops) with Cabbage". Pat steaks with seasoned flour (salt, peppr, garlic powder and fave herbs) and brown in a little olive oil (or any oil). Layer in a casserole with shredded cabbage and a
sliced onion. Pour over milk to BARELY cover. Bake at 350 degrees for approx an hour, or until done. Serve with potatoes (we like baked with this) to soak up the sauce. This is a recipe from the Gladys Taber "Stillmeadow" books from many years ago. Does anyone still else read her?

Quote:
Cool- thanks. They are thawing right now. I just want to do a good job.

brother, if you are doing the cooking, she's gonna be thrilled. the fact that you want it to be nice is the best part. how can you go wrong!

p.s. all the other recipes sound good...i'm having pork chops tomorrow and might steal that bread crumb recipe.

Back
Top Bottom