Can someone help identify??

Ashbash4710

Chirping
Feb 17, 2022
This duck and 2 other Muscovy have been flying in and hanging out for a couple of weeks. This brown one is HUGE compared to the other 2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-145316_Bixby Vision.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-145316_Bixby Vision.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
Are you going to adopt them? He is beautiful:love
Yes, I kind of have. Lol. We have 4 ancona ducks and several chickens. They just free range so I have waterers and food out. Mine always put themselves up in the coop at night and I lock it up, the other three usually fly off to roost but I don't know where they go. Lol. They show up the next morning and just hang out until bedtime.

I have an update on the Muscovy duckies!! The big brown one is going to be a dad. We have a hollow spot in a huge tree and I was checking it out because I was thinking I could plant flowers there. I saw 2 eggs inside and the female muscovy was sitting on them!

I don't have an incubator so I figure we will see what happens as she seems to be roosting in this tree now and sitting on her own eggs. I'll post a picture soon!

She is lovely. I sure hope a predator doesn't come upon her . Always worrisome when they have their nest out in the open. Are they friendly?

I have tried getting them to roost in the coop we have, they go in there to eat sometimes or see what I'm doing. They won't sleep in there though. Dad has been keeping watch outside of her nest. They are friendly but cautious. They won't let us pet them or anything but they will follow us for food and hang out with the chickens and other ducks.

Back
Top Bottom