Can someone help identify??

This is my little buddy that follows me and asks for food. Lol.

Attachments

• 20220516_070331.jpg
    20220516_070331.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
She is lovely. I sure hope a predator doesn't come upon her . Always worrisome when they have their nest out in the open. Are they friendly?

I have tried getting them to roost in the coop we have, they go in there to eat sometimes or see what I'm doing. They won't sleep in there though. Dad has been keeping watch outside of her nest. They are friendly but cautious. They won't let us pet them or anything but they will follow us for food and hang out with the chickens and other ducks.

In other words acting normal lol
Do you actually have roosts? my Muscovy love to roost.
Where is she going to go with tiny little ones with no protection? Of course she'd also need protection if inside. Many ducks and chickens do not like ducklings and will kill or injure them. Even dad. Sorry not trying to cause trouble just hoping she can protect her little ones they are going to be so vunerable.
Do you think someone saw your poultry and figured this would be a good place to dump 3 Muscovy?

Oh Sorry, I now see you are already talking to Miss Lydia about this, Ashbash4710.

With feral muscovy, you can only do your best. I hope you are able to persuade them to become yours! You will need to help Mama protect her ducklings.
You jump in and share all you want @ruthhope

In other words acting normal lol
Do you actually have roosts? my Muscovy love to roost.
Where is she going to go with tiny little ones with no protection? Of course she'd also need protection if inside. Many ducks and chickens do not like ducklings and will kill or injure them. Even dad. Sorry not trying to cause trouble just hoping she can protect her little ones they are going to be so vunerable.
Do you think someone saw your poultry and figured this would be a good place to dump 3 Muscovy?

I honestly think they were dumped. I have a huge barn/shed that's actually 2 building combined for the birds and we do have a divider in-between. I'll be watching daily to see how things go. If I had an incubator I would bring the eggs in but we don't have any. I used to incubate chicks and had incubated a few Pekin duck eggs a couple years back. I don't think these muscovy were feral, they act like they were already used to someone caring for them.

Oh and I know, lol, we had that issue with chickens when we would miss an egg here or there, had to go catch the chicks before the other chickens pecked it. I have heat lamps and all that, I raised my other ducks from ducklings, so I'm hoping if they do hatch that I'll be able to see them when it's happening. Momma doesn't mind me checking on her or the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom