Can someone help identify??

Sure sounds like they aren't feral.
Please keep us updated.
Most of my Muscovy have been wonderful mamas and take really good care of their ducklings. They will defend them from the rest of the flock but cannot protect them from predators. If you had a way to put mama and chicks inside until they were around 3 weeks old with fencing they will have a much better chance of surviving. It sounds like they have probably never been closed up overnight. Boy do I remember those days when I brought home females for my Muscovy drake and the girls had never been kept up I finally put up fencing so I could corner them of an evening and herd them inside. We're covered up with predators.

Sure sounds like they aren't feral.
Please keep us updated.
Most of my Muscovy have been wonderful mamas and take really good care of their ducklings. They will defend them from the rest of the flock but cannot protect them from predators. If you had a way to put mama and chicks inside until they were around 3 weeks old with fencing they will have a much better chance of surviving. It sounds like they have probably never been closed up overnight. Boy do I remember those days when I brought home females for my Muscovy drake and the girls had never been kept up I finally put up fencing so I could corner them of an evening and herd them inside. We're covered up with predators.
Oh for sure. We planned on putting up fencing, the whole property has been a lot of work. We just bought the house in February. But the next step for the coop is putting a big fenced area, our main issue has been hawks. Right now all of our birds free range and go to bed by themselves and we shut the doors once they are all in. The muscovys like to be with the other birds when they all hang out on the back porch so maybe that will help get them inside at night once the fence is in.

I have an update! Momma is still sitting on her babies but the other female that bugs me for food.... she walked home with 17 babies this morning. I let her keep 2 babies and I put the others in a brooder to find homes. We just can't have that many ducks. They are safe though, I make sure they all have clean water and food, I had a rat snake try to get the tree mommy's eggs and my husband and I got rid of it.

Babies

Attachments

• 20220613_122406.jpg
    20220613_122406.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 1
They are so sweet and adorable! We found homes for them already and they will be going on Friday. They all seem nice and healthy, no defects, beautiful babies. ❤️ we also FINALLY got doughnut (the beggar) to go into our coop with her babies! She's a good momma.
Good news all round!!! I hope doughnut continues being protective of her little ones in the coop! Muscovy are generally good mammas

Back
Top Bottom