Can someone help me determine if my eggs are alive or not please Day 25

Ok well wish me luck I’m just getting worried bc she’s been on them since 14 th of last month

What do you mean candlers?yes a mallard duck and has been on them constantly I smelled two that were bad I threw em out but they have air sacs and I can’t see beyond them
It is good to remove stinkers.
A candler is a device to look into the egg. Broody hens don't have those. They innately know what they are doing and don't need to see into the egg. I personally have never candled an egg other than those in an incubator - not under a chicken, duck or goose.
They've successfully hatched the eggs for millions of years without human intervention.

It is good to remove stinkers.
A candler is a device to look into the egg. Broody hens don't have those. They innately know what they are doing and don't need to see into the egg. I personally have never candled an egg other than those in an incubator - not under a chicken, duck or goose.
They've successfully hatched the eggs for millions of years without human intervention.
But wouldn’t I see movement and some have air sac but the rest is dark

And she’s been on them since April 14th still no pip no hatch no smell no movement but I don’t wanna toss them if they are alive

If you don't have a high end candler and know what to look for, you may not see what you expect.
All I'm saying is that my advice is to leave the eggs under the bird and just wait to count ducklings when they emerge.

If you don't have a high end candler and know what to look for, you may not see what you expect.
All I'm saying is that my advice is to leave the eggs under the bird and just wait to count ducklings when they emerge.
Ok cool thanks for your help. So I’m hearing a candler is a flashlight right?

Welcome to the forum!
I don't have experience with duck eggs, I just want to say good luck! I hope a few of them hatch :fl

Back
Top Bottom