Can someone help me figure out what these chicks are?

What hatchery are they from? McMurray, correct? They are very likely White Faced Black Spanish. Their skin color appears to be pink like one and unlike Anconas who have yellow skin. Also mottled birds when feathering out typically show much more white (included a pic of my Mottled Java chick that shows this). The chicks are in my opinion, black. Mottled Anconas also are not included in the assortment. I agree that the crested one is a Crevecoeur!
View attachment 2614796
They came from a local feed store but I’ve figured they came from mcurray’s (like you said)

and I was going back and forth wether they’re Spanish or Sumatra’s or even something not listed.

also read that Sumatra’s have 3 spurs and these babies have only one spur bud. I bet they are Spanish.

They came from a local feed store but I’ve figured they came from mcurray’s (like you said)

and I was going back and forth wether they’re Spanish or Sumatra’s or even something not listed.

also read that Sumatra’s have 3 spurs and these babies have only one spur bud. I bet they are Spanish.
Their combs are wrong for Sumatras. Assuming they came from the assortment I think they did, White Faced Black Spanish is the only fit. Now if the feed store accidentally messed up the labeling... 😳 Could be a whole slew of possibilities

Sumatras are supposed to have pea combs, but those chicks have single combs. So probably not Sumatras.

Back
Top Bottom