Can someone help me identify these breeds?

kforsyth

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
My husband thought it would be fun to see what we get from a random assortment, but now I'm driving myself crazy. Can anyone help me figure out what these are? They're about a week old now.
received_686219615048906.jpeg received_686219585048909.jpeg received_686219791715555.jpeg

received_686220451715489.jpeg received_686220375048830.jpeg received_686220665048801.jpeg

received_686221268382074.jpeg received_686221321715402.jpeg received_686221601715374.jpeg

It's very hard to tell breeds at this age, but we can try! Did they give you a list of what the possible breeds are in the assortment? Was it a layer assortment?

The first and the third look like they could have pea combs, but I cannot see very well from the pics. Are there any other clues... like skin color or feathered legs or 5 toes?

Pea combs are commonly EEs (Easter Eggers) which usually have green legs that will show about the second week and big cheeks. Brahmas have pea combs, and would have feathered legs.

It's very hard to tell breeds at this age, but we can try! Did they give you a list of what the possible breeds are in the assortment? Was it a layer assortment?

The first and the third look like they could have pea combs, but I cannot see very well from the pics. Are there any other clues... like skin color or feathered legs or 5 toes?

Pea combs are commonly EEs (Easter Eggers) which usually have green legs that will show about the second week and big cheeks. Brahmas have pea combs, and would have feathered legs.
They are suppose to be brown egg layers. I don't know how many toes but n

Rhode Island Red (?)
Two gold-laced Wyandottes.
That's what I thought but was not sure

No idea.
Barred Rock or Dominique. Flat comb (rose comb) = dominique, straight = BR
Probably a red sexlink.
White with straight comb but slow-feathering? Probably not a Leghorn. Could be a White Plymouth Rock, or any one of a variety of white chickens, really.

Back
Top Bottom