Can someone help sex these spaldings, please?

It work also with spalding ...

4 (1).jpg

It work also with spalding ...

View attachment 1123728
So, if that little patch right there is black, then it's a male? And if it's brown it's female? Even with the article I found that shows pictures of exactly what two out of the three that I have look like, I still think that at least the one, if not all three, is male. I'm so confused. Lol. It would have helped if the guy that gave them to me had known anything about them. I know that they're about a year old. I'm thinking they are probably a late August hatch. I have a midnight spalding that I hatched last year, he's about 16 months old now, and he didn't start getting the green colored little feathers on his back until this past month. I have pictures of him from July 25, and those feathers had just barely started turning. But when they turned, they turned. He even grew an eye feather. Other than being about a year old, and some breed of spalding, I have no idea. Every day they seem to have subtle changes. Just a few days ago their head and neck feathers were green, even when the sun hit them. Today those feathers were a vibrant blue and purple when the sun hit them.

... not black ... dark green !
Most of the female Blue spalding have barred feathers tail ! Male tail, is dark grey color feather .
Female:
IMG_8061.JPG
IMG_8063.JPG

Male :
IMG_8065.JPG

The size of the bird is different ... too ! Male are bigger !

Back
Top Bottom