Can someone help with these feral birds?

Prairie Chicken, they are WAY healthy and multiplying. They all roost in the trees just behind my fenceline in the woods and then hang out all day in my yard & that of my neighbor. He has geese and I have a wild bird sanctuary so they were probably attracted by the feed for both or maybe they decided they qualify as wild birds? I'd be much happier if they'd stay the heck out of my flower gardens but they ARE gorgeous!

Emzyyy, where does your neighbor live? Here in TX?

KrisRenee, Yes, Lucky will let my daughter and I go right up to him and pick him up. He loves to be held on my lap and petted. But that's because we've been picking him up since the time he was hatched.
love.gif

Agreed-some sort of large game. If you note the male against the fence he's about 20" tall-certainly not an OEGB.

prairiechicken is rite i just took a guess on the families as an example. but they are very similar in coloring and trait. sorry if i was missleading but id still definantly say gamebird

I am pretty excited as of this evening. The female that went broody in my front garden took some strawberry tops and small bits of tomatoes from me. We had an ordeal with snakes last night and I think I have gained her trust. Not that I think the roosters can be won over ... I give them their space.

Back
Top Bottom