Can someone tell me what is wrong with my Red Golden Pheasant hen?

You can also put a drop of Tylan in the affected eye and nostrils. It burns but helps. The blood in the mouth etc concerns me. ....like IT..IB..LT? You can order Baytril online at allbirdproducts for parrots. Don't mention you are ordering it for pheasant. I use a drop in the mouth twice daily for 5 days.

Thanks De Wet for the advice! I wish to goodness YOU were here so YOU could make those injections!!! I don't think we're knowledgeable enough to give an injection directly into the sinus!!!
Can the terramycin just be injected under the skin? Would that be better than Tylan 200?? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Tylon 200 is the best for this illness so far some breeeders will prefer baytril but tylon 200 works for me and I will not prefer to inject this in the sinus your pheasant will surely loose his eye. If we talk about about terramycin injection I will prefer LA100 or 120 not 200 to inject in the sinus, it is not dificult you will see just below the eye is a sack it is the sinus if press it you will se the discharge in the eye and nostrils you just press the neelde softly in that area not deep just to inject the antibots...if this is not working it is beter to put her down at the end learn out this case if you buy pheasant in the future make sure the seller have a good sanitation programme on this birds look, is the avairies cleans etc. it is best to buy from one breeder which have a good senitation programme with it birds it is not advisible to buy from diferent breeders you don t know. I m also learn ont he hard ways but believe it is getting better now still a lot things to learn about these birds

good luck

Last edited:
We lost Phebe and never really knew what was wrong with her... but we did everything we could... It's been several months now and none of our other pheasants, thank goodness, got sick. I appreciate all of the suggestions for her care~

Back
Top Bottom