Can someone try to help me figure out what is wrong with my rooster.

MomaYow

Chirping
Sep 30, 2020
My rooster keeps falling asleep. He doesn't really hold his head up. He is perched on a roost inside a cape in the house now. He was outside in his own enclosure. I have too many roosters. I swap them out from time to time, so they can all have a turn running around in the yard. Today was supposed to be his day to come out and run free. However, he wasn't getting off his perch, which was very strange for him. He is always looking and waiting on an opportunity to bite the crap out of me. {He is a cheeky butt hole, but I love him anyway} He can't balance enough to even walk. If he tries, he almost falls over. If anyone knows what this could be or can give some advice on how to help him. Please, Let me know. Thank you all so much!! God Bless!!

My rooster keeps falling asleep. He doesn't really hold his head up. He is perched on a roost inside a cape in the house now. He was outside in his own enclosure. I have too many roosters. I swap them out from time to time, so they can all have a turn running around in the yard. Today was supposed to be his day to come out and run free. However, he wasn't getting off his perch, which was very strange for him. He is always looking and waiting on an opportunity to bite the crap out of me. {He is a cheeky butt hole, but I love him anyway} He can't balance enough to even walk. If he tries, he almost falls over. If anyone knows what this could be or can give some advice on how to help him. Please, Let me know. Thank you all so much!! God Bless!!
What food do you feed him? Also how old is he?

What are all his symptoms? Eyes, nose, mouth? Crop? Poops? His diet?
He keeps his eyes closed.Nose and mouth are fine. His crop looks fine, just empty. His poop was green. He hasn't been eating except what I fed him with a syringe earlier. Fresh raw egg. His waddles are cold but red, His comb is kind of pale compared to normal and the back end of it is flopped over whereas it is usually standing straight up.

The best option is to take him to an avian vet.
I realise this just isn't a possibility for many.
Once all the usual health checks are done; that's a crop check morning and night, a thorough exterior parasite check, his feet nose and eyes and weight, one is left with diseases/infections and internal organ problems, none of which can be reliably diagnosed on the internet.

Sleeping and lack of balance in particular suggests to me a heart problem.

What kind of Nutrina feed?
The best option is to take him to an avian vet.
I realise this just isn't a possibility for many.
Once all the usual health checks are done; that's a crop check morning and night, a thorough exterior parasite check, his feet nose and eyes and weight, one is left with diseases/infections and internal organ problems, none of which can be reliably diagnosed on the internet.

Sleeping and lack of balance in particular suggests to me a heart problem.
There are no avain vets anywhere near me. He has been perfectly fine up until today. This rooster is a total butt head and for him to all of a sudden not be as of today, all of a sudden? That is really strange to me.I would think if it were a heart problem, I would have seen some signs slowly progressing? He is a huge rooster. I have no idea, How he got to be so big, His mother is a Plymouth Rock and his daddy is an Australorp. All the other chickens are perfectly fine. He has been by himself in a complete enclosure for several weeks. He always has fresh water fresh food and his coop is kept clean.

Back
Top Bottom