Can Splash Silkies have the markings from day one?

Are the spots in a chipmunk stripe like pattern? If so you will either have a grey or partridge instead.

All my splash are hatched out a silverish white or light blue. They first get the darker feathers at a few weeks old.

No, they are spotted. We have hatched out many partridge and it looks nothing like it. It almost looks like a dalmation on top from head to tail. No stripes. Here is the picture. The spots don't show well. They are blue looking. There is no partridge coloring at all.

35329_p8081966.jpg

Last edited:
I have got several silkie crosses that are spotted like that and they all have ended up with either a partridge or a buff color with "speckles". My kids call the dots on the head their hieroglphyics.

hey! Not to hijack your thread, but last saturday I hatched a chick out and he looks exactly the same! yellow, with blue spots/stripe. I will post a pic, of him on day one. Since then, he has gotten more defined stripes. I have no idea what color he is. Got more pics today, but for some reason, my computer is acting wonkey and I cant upload.
barnie.gif
I will let you know when I can, so you can see him a week later. Not a great pic from last week, but you get the idea........
roll.png

100_3856.jpg

Oh, he is silkie too.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom